100% Pure Essential Oil Blend for Sleep
The calming and gentle essence of AWO’s Slumber Essential Oil blend is designed to encourage a peaceful and restorative night’s sleep. Formulated right here in Australia, containing 100% pure Lavender, Neroli and Ylang Ylang (oils that are known to be fantastic essential oils for sleep), this deeply soothing and slightly sweet aroma will bring serenity, whilst calming the mind to help you find a restful slumber.
When combined, Lavender, Neroli and Ylang Ylang essential oils not only provide an aroma that can be described as lightly floral and well-balanced; from an aromatherapy perspective, these oils are known to be fantastic essential oils for sleep, as they work together to quieten the brain and nervous system. Because of this, AWO’s Slumber Essential Oil blend has been seen to help those who suffer from poor sleep and insomnia. Others have found it to be a blessing on nights where stress levels are high, and sleep is difficult.
* Dangerous Goods: Road transport only. Additional freight time and cost may apply. International shipping not available on this item.
Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
Thorough scientific research has shown that Lavender Essential Oil has an incredible natural calming effect on the brain and central nervous system, and this is because of the active constituents Linalool, Pinene and Cineol. In fact, in aromatherapy, Lavender Oil is known to be one of the best essential oils for sleep.
Neroli Essential Oil (Citrus auranium)
Like Lavender Oil, Neroli Oil is another fantastic essential oil for sleep, and this is because it also contains a high percentage of Linalool - a naturally occurring chemical that is known for its anxiolytic (stress relieving) and calmative effect. In addition, Neroli Oil is known to decrease high blood pressure, cortisol levels and unwanted pressure within the body.
Ylang Ylang 3rd Essential Oil (Cananga odorata)
Scientific studies have shown that Ylang Ylang Essential Oil can lower blood pressure and decrease the heart rate whilst calming the mind and body. Because of this, Ylang Ylang oil is another known essential oil to help sleep.
- For those wanting a peaceful and restorative sleep, add a few drops of AWO’s Slumber Essential Oil Blend to your Aromatherapy Diffuser or Vaporiser and diffuse for approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to sleep.
- Its calmative and anxiety relieving properties makes it the perfect essential oil to have on-hand in any nightstand, especially for those restless nights when sleep is difficult.
- You can receive the benefits of Slumber by diluting this essential oil blend into a preferred carrier oil (we recommend Fractionated Coconut Oil), add this dilution to a roller bottle and apply to your pulse points (temples, wrists, behind the ears and on the soles of the feet). Many have found this essential oil to be particularly useful when travelling.
- You can also create a soothing massage oil, simply dilute your Slumber Essential Oil Blend into one of our base massage oils.
We always recommend a 2-4% dilution for skin application and a 1-2% dilution for facial application for adults.
Essential Oil Safety
- Essential Oils are extremely potent and can cause serious harm if used incorrectly.
- In line with the Therapeutic Goods Act, we do not recommend ingesting essential oils without the guidance of a registered Aromatherapist or Naturopath.
- Essential oils should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using Essential Oils during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
- Essential Oils are very concentrated and are likely to cause irritation or reactions if applied directly to the skin. For this reason, we recommend diluting your essential oils before using topically (on the skin). Our recommended dilution percentages can be found under the ‘Directions for Use’ section.
Disclaimer: Whilst research evidence suggests that essential oils can assist with sleep, results do vary depending on individual circumstances and that is why we always recommend seeking professional advice regarding physical and mental health concerns.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Perfect! I purchased this oil blend along with the natural banksia pod - both work so wonderfully well together as well as looking stunning on my bedside table. Just too easy! Many thanks